This week is National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness week. Are you doing your part to make a difference?
- Unemployment rates have risen in 29 states and DC, as these rates rise, more will end up facing homelessness- http://bit.ly/3yjppV
- 12.4 Percent of Washington D.C. Households Struggling with Hunger. http://www.dchunger.org/pre…
- DC Public Enemy performed throughout the streets of DC this past Wednesday to raise awareness around homeless youth. http://tinyurl.com/yf7pj54
- Foreclosure, delinquency rates spike amid growing unemployment http://bit.ly/1ODxbE
- An online “one stop shop” for homeless services launched in Tampa courtesy of the founder of Wikipedia http://tinyurl.com/yg5y6fx
- Supporting charities, like Calvary, this year is more important than ever. http://tinyurl.com/yhe9ftn
The 22nd Annual DC Help the Homeless Walkathon kicks off tomorrow! Still haven’t registered? No problem! Just head on down to the National mall tomorrow and visit the Day-Of Registration tent, mark Calvary Women’s Services as your beneficiary organization, and then meet us by the carousel for coffee and donuts!