- Interesting article on The Neediest Cases Fund in NY and how it helps those facing homelessness stay in their homes http://tinyurl.com/ybeezdn
- Bessie, the 97yr woman, we posted about a few months ago, whose plight with homelessness was told in The LA Times, died earlier this week http://bit.ly/5uk3D7
- A gym for homeless men & women that is also super environmentally friendly recently opened in Detroit. http://bit.ly/5D8gJZ
- Two stories that show discuss the increasing rates of homeless youth rising in both Oregon http://bit.ly/67IcLt and in New York City http://bit.ly/5eRtsP
- Ten Things You Should Know About Youth Homelessness http://tinyurl.com/yasrnod
- Alabama shelters are finding it very difficult to help homeless with serious mental illness: “not equipped to deal with the mentally ill” http://bit.ly/5cCRZn
** For all those in DC, support those who are homeless and pick up the new edition of Street Sense out this week for only a $1 donation!
p.s. I apologize for not posting this past Tuesday- we’ll be back next week, full speed ahead!