- It is estimated that 1 in 8 Americans turned to food pantries and soup kitchens in 2009. http://tinyurl.com/yeoxqgw
- A recently founded nonprofit, Clean the World recycles soap, shampoo and lotion discarded by hotels, and distributes the recycled products worldwide to people who need it to prevent the spread of disease. http://tinyurl.com/yhxs4uy
- The Winter Olympics starts next weeks in Vancouver. Be on the lookout for The Red Tent Campaign who is distributing 500 red pop-up tents to the city’s homeless to draw attention to the issue and encourage Canada to adopt a national housing strategy. http://bit.ly/bqy2fw
- President’s 2011 Budget Proposal Boosts Affordable Housing and Homelessness Assistance – http://bit.ly/axU6ij
- Online Giving is most popular in the Washington, DC metro area with three local cities in the top four nationwide- http://tinyurl.com/yjrmrd4.
- More troops returning from warfare to battle homelessness; The number of homeless female veterans has doubled in past decade: http://bit.ly/al4cTf
**Interested in donating online to CWS? Find out more details here: http://tinyurl.com/yatxfdd