April 30, 2010
Friday Round-Up: This week in the news
- Preliminary results of a recent survey indicate that the DMV’s homeless population decreased by 1.7 percent between 2009 and 2010. However, homelessness increased 5% in the District – bit.ly/b0u7lo
- Food stamps: Many Utah seniors shun them- or lack information- and admit hunger ” http://www.sltrib.com/ci_14855066?IADID
- Street Sense with some excellent coverage on the Rally to Save DC’s Safety Net: http://bit.ly/9Wpi1A.
- McDonnell to Address Homelessness, Affordable Housing http://bit.ly/az9qqF
- From the Detroit Free Press “Homeless outreach funding slashed 67 percent” http://bit.ly/d4aOZa
- In Australia, those who are homeless are about to get all the pineapple they can eat! http://bit.ly/dpvoTr
- Advocates seek ways to protect those who are homeless from crime while out on the streets. http://tinyurl.com/256skq9
- This past Monday was the first day on the job for new New York City Homeless Commissioner Seth Diamond. http://nyti.ms/9614TP
- Great Washington Post piece on the Father McKenna Center, its relationship with Gonzaga HS, and the work they are doing for those who are homeless in DC http://tinyurl.com/2794dbz
- NYT article on HPRP: Handing Out Money to Stave off Homelessness http://nyti.ms/cNAeAF
**Have you seen all our tweets and posts about the upcoming Hope Awards Dinner? Look for more updates on Facebook and Twitter in the upcoming weeks, and read more about the event here on our website. Hope you will join us!