- An example of how programs can change lives: “Say it Loud, Say it Proud: I Used to Be Homeless” from Change.org http://bit.ly/beX4w8
- “Bringing health care to the homeless” on Cape Cod. Providing health care is not enough for individuals who have no personal home to live in. Without a home address, the impediments multiply. http://bit.ly/akseX1
- From the New York Times: Unemployment brings people closer to homelessness http://nyti.ms/cQsZgn
- More Than One Million Homeowners Counseled by National Foreclosure Mitigation Counseling Program: http://bit.ly/9JsXf9
- Ending Homelessness Through Public Policy. An interview with Nan Roman of the National Alliance to End Homelessness http://ow.ly/2nDPz
- Big increases in homelessness mean families are in need of transitional shelters. In Baltimore County, though, families have few options. Shelter space is in high demand there, because homelessness jumped by nearly 25 percent in the past year. http://bit.ly/aC5mTR
- Watch this video: DC celebrates housing its 1,000th person! DC now “moves quickly towards the clear goal of ending homelessness” http://bit.ly/9jBSGE
** Did you miss last month’s yoga class for Calvary at Stroga? Well you have another chance this weekend! Join volunteers, supporters, and other friends of Calvary for an all levels yoga class to benefit Calvary. TOMORROW, 8/15 from 10:15 to 11:45 AM at Stroga in Adams Morgan. It’s a “pay what you can” class and all proceeds will directly support Calvary’s programs. For more information visit Stroga’s website.