November 26, 2010
Friday Round-Up: Thanksgiving Edition
- Local charities face increasing need around holidays: http://wapo.st/aAyRbu
- 5 myths about hunger in America: http://wapo.st/ffVz1J
- Just in time for Thanksgiving, a local philanthropist donated $5 million to the Capital Area Food Bank this week. http://wapo.st/eTQeZ5
- Among the findings in a new report released by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration? Unemployed Americans are more likely to struggle with mental illness. http://bit.ly/g583QX.
You can read the full report here: http://bit.ly/hiraMd
- Speaking of the prevalence of mental illness in America – could the media have something to do with the stigma that is all too often associated with suffering from a mental illness? http://bit.ly/dLrGzp. What do you think?