February 4, 2011
Friday Round-up: this week in the news
- This chart from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows that women only earn a median of 81.8% of what their male counterparts make – and the numbers vary by race and occupation. See the break-down here: http://bit.ly/efFxyT
- HUD reports 20% jump in “worst case needs” – 7.1 million households paid more than half their income for rent or lived in substandard housing. http://bit.ly/frtnDT
- Labor report: jobless claims dropped last month… could it be the weather?
- New college survey results show a widening gender gap in mental health on campuses across the nation: http://bit.ly/hxzGEC
- One woman’s story of learning to live a full life despite having a chronic illness.