February 11, 2011
Friday Round-up: this week in the news
- A look at how jobs statistics may differ when it comes to women and minorities – http://n.pr/eBy1C6.
- Funding cuts for domestic abuse prevention workshops put programs like this one across the country in jeopardy: http://bit.ly/i06pJN
- Unemployment update: new claims are down http://n.pr/dToFWc, but job openings also fell for the second month in a row http://n.pr/gYcNDw.
- America’s neighbors to the north are seeing a rise in anxiety disorders: http://bit.ly/eOQtwA
- How do we measure poverty in America? It’s not as straightforward as you may think. http://nyti.ms/g9AouZ