November 16, 2012
Friday Round-up: this week in the news
- It’s Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week. Are you getting involved?
- There’s good news and bad news: homelessness among veterans is dropping, but barriers still remain in the effort to solve the problem of veteran homelessness: http://wapo.st/PRRJeI
- Cool article about our new neighborhood – an Anacostia resident writes about his hopes for the future of the community: http://wapo.st/T4H3dh
- Approximately 70,000 homeless people nationwide were expected to have voted in last week’s election: http://bit.ly/RF0mrq
- Montgomery County Maryland Homeless Resource Day provided free eye exams and vision care for people who are homeless: http://sacb.ee/WaXI0Q