At our annual Hope Awards Dinner on May 16th we’ll have a lot of amazing items for both the silent and live auctions. We’re also rolling out a Proxy Bidding option for those who can’t attend – download the form to participate. For a complete listing of auction items, visit the event auction page.
It’s impossible to choose which items are the absolute most incredibly awesome, because honestly, they’re all marvelous. Here is a sampling of 5 items (in no particular order) to get everyone excited:
- A pair of tickets to Hamilton at the Kennedy Center: Lin-Manuel Miranda’s smash Broadway hit is coming to DC! Hamilton is the story of an unlikely Founding Father determined to make his mark on the new nation as a hungry and ambitious political mastermind. George Washington, Eliza Hamilton, Thomas Jefferson and Hamilton’s lifelong friend/foil Aaron Burr all make their mark in this astonishing new musical exploration of a political mastermind. Grab two tickets to the hottest show on the planet!
- One week in Tuscany at Villa Nobile: Charming and elegant, Villa Nobile is the rebirth of a 12th century farmhouse that has been expanded over 800 years with a heated infinity edge pool. An easy walk from the hilltop town of Montepulciano, the villa looks out over the Valdichiana and the blue waters of Lake Trasimeno from its beautiful setting. The fully restored, private property and grounds consist of 5 bedrooms and 6 ½ baths, surrounded by 10 acres of landscaped gardens with a variety of olive, fruit and nut trees and vineyards.
- “Classique” diamond necklace by Alor: ALOR has created a go-to accessory with this stunning yellow cable ladies necklace with perfectly placed white gold stations. Five stations rest on two rows of yellow cable with two stations on the top row and alternating three stations on the bottom row. Each station holds a centered diamond with a total carat weight of 0.11. The easy to use clasp makes this a simple, yet elegant accessory for any outfit. Yellow cable, 18kt. White Gold, 0.11 total carat weight. Diamonds and stainless steel, 16.5″ length.
- ‘Washington Nationals’ Package – Louisville Slugger bat autographed by Max Scherzer along with a pair of tickets to a Nats game: Louisville Slugger continues to dominate both the wood and aluminum bat worlds, with countless players swinging Slugger. In the past decade, many national college baseball champions have hammered their way to the top with Louisville Slugger bats in their hands. The bat is autographed by Nats star pitcher Max Scherzer! Also enjoy two tickets to a Nationals regular season game this year.
- Arnold Palmer, Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player Masters Flag – Own a piece of history! Arnold Palmer (d. 9/25/2016), Jack Nicklaus and Gary Player – Masters flag autographed with added inscription of years they all won the Masters Championship. Custom framed in a cherry wood frame with 2 Official Masters patches, comes with an 8×10 black and white vintage photo of all three golfers and custom nameplate. This is a museum quality item and very rare.
Aside from these featured items, other auction highlights to look forward to include the opportunity to make a reservation for two at Rose’s Luxury, passes for six to Escape Room Live, several fine wine packages, original artworks, classes at Yoga Shala, and a week at a Hilton Head Island house. There is truly something for everyone.
Stay tuned for more details!