May 6, 2011
Friday Round-up: this week in the news
- Former Hope Awards honoree, Michelle Singletary, on the federal budget — HUD faces millions in cuts to vital housing counseling programs that prevent homelessness: http://wapo.st/knqM5X
- Yet another brutal attack on a homeless individual: http://bit.ly/jZ7Hi6
- National Women’s Health Week kicks off on Mother’s Day.
- Destruction from tornadoes in the Southeast has created a housing crisis, leaving many people homeless: http://lat.ms/jpVa4d
- There may be more to this week’s jobs report than meets the eye. Unemployment rates are up despite added jobs: http://on.wsj.com/mkIzIM
The Hope Awards countdown continues…only 11 more days till the big event! Don’t miss out, get your ticket here.
This week’s silent auction update: A tour of WAMU 88.5 led by local morning host Matt McCleskey, floor seats to a Wizards game, and a vacation in Aspen will all be on the table at the Hope Awards!