Let’s Be Strong(Her) Together
Help us be Strong(Her) together by completing one, two, or all of the Strong(Her) Challenges.
Donate to the Strong(Her) Fund
- Donations are critical during this time. We are still spending an additional $1,000 a day due to the pandemic in order to continue our life-saving programs and ensure that we keep women and staff safe. These funds will allow the women at Calvary to stay strong and hopeful while they continue to make incredible strides to end their homelessness for good. Donate to the Strong(Her) Fund here.
Give a gift to empower women
- Despite the devastating setbacks the women we serve are facing, they are still making progress because of Calvary’s holistic approach. Through Calvary’s Giving Catalog your gift can provide nutritious meals, domestic violence support groups, education programs and so much more.
Add a Calvary frame to your Facebook profile photo
- Show your support for Calvary by adding a special Strong(Her) frame to your profile.
Send a message to give hope to the women at Calvary.
- Share a digital message for the women at Calvary. Your message can be short or long, whatever you want to share! We will be collecting messages and sharing them directly with the women staying in Calvary’s housing programs.
- Or download this printable postcard, fill out the back with an encouraging message, put it in an envelope and send it to Calvary. We will share your message with the women at Calvary so they know that we are Strong(Her) together!
- Please send postcards to Calvary Women’s Services, 1217 Good Hope Rd SE, Washington, DC 20020
Purchase daily care items to meet women’s basic needs
- Visit our Amazon Strong(Her) Wish List here. It is filled with items that women need while living at Calvary. The pandemic and obstacles out of their control have affected the women we serve in many ways, but having these basic needs items is one less thing they have to worry about.
Tell a friend about Calvary by hosting a virtual event
- Become an ambassador for Calvary! You can plan a happy hour, fitness class, game night, lunch & learn or any activity you can think of to get friends and family together. During the gathering, you can have a call to action to get folks excited about completing the Strong(Her) Together Challenges.
- One of Calvary’s staff members would also love to join the event to give an update about Calvary and the women we serve. Please reach out to Allison Kraemer at firstname.lastname@example.org to help you plan your event!
How will you choose to be Strong(Her) together? Let us know which challenge you completed and why by sharing a video or photo with the hashtag #StrongHerTogether and tagging Calvary on social media, or send it to email@example.com