In This Together Community Walk FAQs
Registration is open for the 2023 In This Together Community Walk!
Join Calvary Women’s Services as we celebrate the achievements of our community and show our commitment to women experiencing homelessness.
The 2023 In This Together Community Walk will be held in person on Saturday, October 7th, at 10 a.m. at Anacostia Park. Early registration is $30 per person now until August 31st.
This year we’re celebrating our 40th anniversary by walking to raise $40,000 for our housing, education, health, and career programs. You can create a fundraising page as an individual or as a team and walk with us to meet the needs of women in our programs. The team that raises the most for women at Calvary will even win a trophy to show off at their office or in their home!
The Community Walk started in 2020 as a virtual fundraising event to support Calvary Women’s Services. Calvary was growing even during the most challenging times to accommodate more women experiencing homelessness, and the funds raised from each walk continue to contribute to the programs we offer.
The idea for the walk stemmed from the Calvary women themselves, who began taking daily group walks during the height of the pandemic in 2020. One woman said the walks were a “blessing” because she found them peaceful and allowed her to leave her worries behind for an hour. Since 2020, supporters of Calvary’s community walk have participated from wherever they were to champion women who are working to end their homelessness for good.
Ready to join the Calvary community? Read our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) and sign up for the In This Together Community Walk today!
- Can I bring family, friends, or other loved ones?
- Yes, the more the merrier! We’d love to meet your partner, parent, child, best friend, neighbor, or anyone else who wants to support our mission. Pets are also welcome to join our walk.
- Is there a virtual option?
- Yes! While we hope to see you in-person, those who live far away or are out of town can participate virtually. You’ll still receive a bib, walking route suggestions, a playlist, and fundraising support.
- What does the registration fee cover?
- Your registration fee helps cover overhead costs to maximize the amount we raise to benefit our programs and the women we serve. You’ll also receive a t-shirt, walk bib, access to our Community Walk playlist, and fundraising support when you sign up!
- Will there be food?
- We’ll have light snacks and drinks available for walk participants, but you’ll want to eat breakfast before coming to the Community Walk!
- Will there be any other activities for me or the kids in my life?
- Yes! We’re planning some special activities for the whole family. Follow Calvary on social media to learn more in the coming weeks.
- What should I wear?
- We recommend wearing something that will be comfortable for walking and standing…we’ll be taking a 2-mile stroll through Anacostia! All attendees will also receive a t-shirt when they check in that you are welcome to change into.
- What happens if it rains?
- We’ll be walking for women rain or shine! Our team will be in touch via email if any extenuating circumstances prevent us from being together in-person on October 7th.
- Where can I learn more?
- To learn more, visit calvaryservices.org/events
Share this image and tag @calvarywomendc to show your support of our mission!